- Pulmonary physicians
- Respiratory physiologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Trainees in the above specialities
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Review the basic principles of exercise physiology and physical activity.
- Identify the indications for exercise testing.
- Explain the rationale, the physiological effects and how to assess and perform exercise training.
- Apply different protocols for assessing exercise capacity and interpret their results.
- Understand the physiological significance of cardiopulmonary response profiles in the context of exercise protocols.
- Become familiar with the equipment involved in exercise testing.
- Describe and interpret the different exercise variables and indices.
- Describe methods for assessing physical activity.
- Optimise quality control and assurance of exercise testing.
- Evaluate the effects of therapeutic interventions.