- Pulmonary physicians
- Thoracic surgeons
- Critical care physicians
- Trainees in the above specialties
Following this course, participants are able to:
- Understand the criteria for the referral and selection of candidates for lung transplantation.
- Appreciate the donor shortage and ways to increase supply of donor organs.
- Understand the factors necessary for the establishment of a lung transplant programme.
- Appreciate the early and late complications occurring after lung transplantation.
- Know who to ask for help in any aspect of pre- or post-transplant care.